Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Time

The kids carved pumpkins tonight. They fought, and argued but eventually got it done. It came out pretty cool. Next year I think we will do more pumpkins, but we are going camping this weekend, so I didn't want rotten pumpkins sitting out all weekend. Tomorrow is trick or treat nite, Kaylin will be a witch and Brandon will be Batman. We are going to bring Vincent and his parents with us to meet up with Pat, Tori, and the baby. It should be pretty fun. Right now we have the tents set up in the front yard airing out, and have all our stuff totes packed up. All I have left to do is food shop and pack clothes and other little stuff. I think I'm excited about camping, or at least I will be. It requires so much work, and Rick is pretty useless at this kinda stuff. He just kinda stands around looking like a lost puppy. Tomorrow at work we are having a holiday pot luck, so I'm making chicken and rice in the crock pot. In the morning I'll just throw it all together and then plug it in when I get to work. I'm going to leave at 4 so I can get home and get the kids fed and ready, plus I have to take the tents down and pack them and the car up.

I received an email notification that my candle supply orders are shipping, the first arriving tomorrow, the second by Thursday. Today I ordered more scents after reading how much scent I needed per pound of soy wax. I picked Lavender Vanilla, Lick Me All Over, Love Spell, Stress Relief, Butt Naked, Christmas Tree, Home Sweet Home, Banana Nut Bread and Dragon's Blood. I am getting really excited about this. I think this will be really successful. I can't decide if I'm going to make my own labels and use cloth squares and ties for the lid to give it that country home made look (which they are), or if I will order the labels and just slap them on. It would be more cost effective to do them myself, but my printer kinda sucks. Decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

Amber DBTD said...

"lick me all over"

I wonder what that smells like.