Sunday, November 2, 2008

I love electricity, indoor plumbing, and running water

The kids and I are home from camping. Rick stayed another night, since he doesn't have to work tomorrow. We had a relaxing time and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Saturday morning Kaylin had her soccer game, they won again 3-2 and it was actually an exciting game. We ran home and loaded up the car. Somehow, I'm not quite sure how, we got everything in my car. Two children, 1 me, two tents, one large blue tote, a large cooler, 4 chairs, clothes for everyone, and pillows and blankets all squished in my Buick. We made it to the camp site about 1 pm Saturday and got camp set up, Pat and Tori were already set with their camp. They had to use a trailer to get all the baby shit there. We had PB&J for lunch. The kids had fun catching these giant millipede bugs all over the camp grounds. Rick showed up probably about 6pm, he had to work and do inventory at the store. Tori's mom and boyfriend showed up for dinner and later that night Teresa and Vincent stopped by. Brandon had been not so patiently waiting all day for Vincent to get there and once he showed up Brandon wanted nothing to do with him. Vincent wanted to play super heroes and Brandon didn't. They pretty much fought and disagreed the whole time. Brandon was mad at him for having so much energy. After Teresa, Vincent, Tori's mom and boyfriend left the kids went right to sleep. After awhile I did too, I crawled into the tent and about half an hour later I felt a rock in my back, the air mattress popped. When Rick came to bed he was so uncomfortable he slept in a chair. Now we will upgrade to a queen air mattress instead of the double. I'll look out for one on sale and depending on the price we will get one for the kids. We ate dinner (spaghetti and meat sauce) at the camp grounds and then headed home, I called my dad on the way just to chit chat, I try to talk to him every weekend just to kinda check in. The dogs were so happy to see us, Sadie is still looking for Rick to come. I finally got the car unloaded and right now the clothes are all in the wash, the cooler is emptied, the dishwasher is running, the kids are bathed and comfy on the couch. I think I will sleep like a rock.

No comments: