Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday, Sunday..

Sunday I didn't get to sleep in. The door bell woke me up, it was Brandon's friends mom pickup up her son, at 8:30. The nice thing about getting woken up with goo still in my eyes, having Don King hair, is she offered to take Brandon for a few hours. I decided to run errands, since I have been on a mad search for peach tablecloths, plates, cups, and napkins. Well apparently the world isn't ready for peach tableware. First I went to Walmart, if they don't have it, you don't need it, right? Well they didn't have them, and after speaking with my mother, we do in fact HAVE to have peach. I tried Dollar General, Dollar Tree, and LTM Party Supply. No frickin peach. I did by other stuff I needed and it was really nice to go shopping all by myself. After my useless errand running I stopped at the pharmacy to fight with them about Brandon's medicine, since that's what I normally have to do with a new script. Well, wouldn't ya know, there were rainbows and unicorns at Walgreens today. They filled his Invega, billed his new insurance, and that was it. Is was so easy! I was so used to fighting insurance companies and pharmacies and calling doctor's offices to get this kid his meds, and now I don't have to. What will I do with all my free time now? This is all because he's got the SSI disability and medicaid. I picked Brandon up at his friends house, brought him home. He immediately laid on the floor, covering himself up with a blanket and fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours. I guess he was tired! While he was sleeping I went on line to look for peach tableware, and found them on a site, of course I had to pay for express shipping. That is now done, I just pray they get here on time. I took a nap, made dinner, went to my moms house to put sheets on the beds, and talked to my dad in New York on the phone.

On a different subject, a friend of mine who got me blogging by reading her blog, is having a hard time with life. Her daughter is sick and she left her nutbag husband. I left a comment on her other blog about what I thought and hopefully she will take it to heart. I told her before to leave him. He's not right in the head. So I wish her strength, courage, and stability in her upcoming battle with life and the bullshit it can provide.

No comments: