Monday, October 27, 2008

Silly, Hopeful me..

Okay, well I have a secret. Nothing juicy, nothing you need to pick up your phone and call anyone about. I've always wanted to start my own side business making hand made soy candles and cold process soaps into custom gift baskets. I have wanted to do this for at least 8 years now. I actually have a written out business plan and the whole nine yards. I just don't have the money or the balls to get it going. I'm scared of failure. There it is, my dirty little secret. It goes right along with me dreaming of having a farm with chickens, pigs, goats, and a huge vegetable and herb garden. I made a decision last night, I decided that I was going to start a small part of my dream. I am going to start making soy candles. I ordered some stuff in small batches to see how it goes, I know I can sell the candles at work with no problem, especially with the holidays coming up. I choose Apple Cinnamon, Christmas Morning, Vanilla Bean, Coffee Caramel Cream, and Caramel Pecan Pie as my first scents. Cross you fingers and don't laugh to hard at me...

1 comment:

Amber DBTD said...

Just make sure you mix the scent in really good so they make yummy smell that overpowers household stench.

-eyes candle on counter that should be desmelling my kitchen-

That could be a cool business for you and Kaylin to do together. As far as the rest goes, you'll have to move in with me.No goats, but we got the chicken and garden part. Never did eat the rooster, Sierra loves him too much.