Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Girly Girl Day

Saturday we did Kaylin's birthday shindig. Kaylin, her two friends Brittney, Jess (Kaylin's step mom) and I went to see High School Musical 3, after that we went and got our fingernails painted and we to Chick fil A for some dinner. It was really interesting to listen to their tween conversation about Hannah Montana (which they don't like), Jonas Brothers, and Zac Effron (which they REALLY like). I made some sort of a pathetic attempt to converse with these strange creatures in the back seat of my car, they met me with eye rolling, and "oh my god, your mom is sooooo weird". Oh, well...I tried. Kaylin had some sort of allergic reaction to the food at Chick Fil A, I think I'm going to file a format complaint with their corporate office. Immediately after leaving there, she starting giggling, and giggling, and giggling. I think you get the point, she didn't stop for over an hour. We dropped off all the girls and came back to the house, I packed Kaylin up and sent her with Jess. Maureen had picked up Brandon already, so we were all alone. You think we would know what to do with ourselves, but we didn't. Did we want to go do karaoke? No. Dinner? No. Sports Bar? No. Yet again, I spent a hot, sweaty, steamy date night on the El Jo Bean fishing pier. Didn't catch a damn thing either.

No comments: