Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wednesday and Thursday

Tuesday the baby sitter called and said her mother in law totalled her car and she wouldn't be able to watch Brandon for most of the week. Normally this would be fine, as my mother can usually help in a pinch. Well, my mother was in her own little world, her mother, my grandmother, who is terminally ill with cancer, is in the last stages of her life. So obviously my mom's mind was elsewhere. She booked a plane ticket to Tennessee for Thursday (today) and tied up as many loose ends as possible here in Florida. Even though she was going through all this emotional turmoil, she DID watch him Tuesday and Wednesday. I asked one of my best friends if she would be able to sit with him Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I told her I would pay her what I pay the babysitter, plus mileage. She told me should would think about it and let me know. I sent her a text message Wednesday asking her if she had thought about it.....no response. I sent her a text this afternoon, asking her if she way okay, she responded that she was fine, then I asked her if she could help with the kids today, she said no, the baby didn't sleep very well last night. So I was up the creek, again, and as usual, without a paddle. If you don't know me, I'll tell you this, Thursday's are the very worst, awfullest days for me to leave early. This Thursday was even worse, because one of the senior processors was out on vacation, which left me, the other senior processor, and our team leader with 4 other less seasoned processors. Out of desperation I called Bob, he's my step dad. He said he would do it! I was surprised, he's never watched the kids before. Once he picked up Kaylin from a girl scout field trip, but that was about the extent of his interaction with his grand kids. He loves them, and sometimes even likes them but today was a new thing for us, and I do have to say I think he enjoyed himself. Brandon was an angel, of course..... Once I got home and changed out of my monkey suit, we went to Walmart to pick up Brandon's new glasses. He looks totally awesome, smart, and I don't know if I'll ever be used to him in glasses! I also got their Halloween costumes and some other Walmart type stuff (groceries, deodorant, bubble bath, etc.).

No comments: