Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Filling in the blanks, and some sad news

We went to Rick's friend Frank's house Friday night, we had allot of fun, ate some hot dogs, kids swam and played and we headed home. Brandon and Kaylin were awesome. Saturday morning was Kaylin's first soccer game. Her dad came and cheered her on. She did pretty good, but held back allot. I think she was worried about how she looked and worried about messing up. I told her I'd rather see her try and mess up, than not try at all because of fear. She was crying when we left the parking lot, I let her go to her dad for comfort, I figured it was important for him to nurture that side of things. He bought her a ball this weekend, so she can practice. Her dad game me all call later and asked me if it was okay if she went in his friends little airplane, I told him I trust his judgement and it was fine with me. After the soccer game Brandon and I went to Walmart, gas station, bank, and pet store. When we came home I laid down and took a nap, when I woke up I got ready for Heather's house warming party and Rick dropped me off. I had a nice time at the housewarming. One of the girls I work with made a total ass out of herself and has been very quiet at work. Sunday Brandon, Rick and I went fishing. We caught 3 keeper snappers and a bunch of little snappers. Pat and Tori came over for dinner and I didn't feel good so I vegged out. We had deer ribs, chicken, steak, au gratin potatoes, and green beans. Kaylin came home from her dads in time for dinner and we had quite an uneventful evening. After company left I passed out, dead tired. Monday Kaylin had soccer practice, in the pouring rain. Brandon had quite a rough evening, trying his hardest to drive me bonkers, so I asked Rick to stay with him while I took Kaylin to practice. I very much needed a break. I grabbed a pink chair, camo umbrella, and a book, found myself a place to plop and read while she practiced. I zoned out into the land of Narnia, since that is what I am reading this week. The first thing the coach said was for them to sit in the mud and get it over with, because they were gonna get muddy and filthy. This coach is really awesome, he really pushed them, and builds them up at the same time. After practice we stopped at the 7-eleven and got milk and drinks. Got home by 8:15, put Brandon to bed and relaxed. I fell asleep pretty early, I guess I'm kinda whooped. The phone woke me up at 12:11 am. It was my mom, sobbing, crying, my grandmother had just died. She did not go peacefully, she went with much struggle and suffering. I'm sorry she had to go through all that, and sorry that my mom had to see all her pain. It sucks, but she's not suffering anymore.

No comments: