Thursday, July 24, 2008

What does Brandon's future hold?

I think. ALOT. I wish I could glimpse into Brandon's future and see what kind of teenager, young adult, man, husband, and father he will be. Will his mental illness take hold in his young mind? Will he make choices that put him in the juvenile justice system? Will he choose to embrace his illness as something that makes him a unique individual? Will he take the foundation that I've tried to give him and build on it, or reject it? I know that he can learn to cope with his issues, I know as he gets older he will learn more self control and know more about what appropriate and inappropriate. It's there. You can see it. I really want to fertilize those seeds and nurture the tender shoots until they are strong and can stand on his own.

No comments: