Friday, July 25, 2008

How sweet to snuggle

We really had a great night last night. Brandon was so sweet and snuggly. It makes the other side of it so much easier to deal with. He had one melt down yesterday over his chocolate coin maker, there were no chocolate chips to melt in it, so the baby sitter let him use chocolate syrup, on Ricks antique coffee table. It was still there when I came home from work. I asked Brandon to put all the parts that had chocolate syrup on it in a bowl, which I filled with soap and water so he could wash them and put them on a towel to dry. Then he put the non chocolate parts back in the box and I cleaned the table with wood cleaner. He didn't object, just did as he was told with no fight. We had a snuggly night on the couch watching TV and chatting about different things. It was really nice. He is going to my moms today, so I know I don't have to worry about things. She won't let him over eat, and he'll get to go swimming and help her in the garden. I love my mom! I wish she was well all the time (she has MS), I know Brandon benefits from his time with her. And she's my mom, and I turned out alright.

In regards to the babysitter issue, I put a post up on the bulletin board at work, asking if anyone had a nanny cam I could use. It would be nice to see what is really going on. Brandon does lie at times, and I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what the real deal is. Rick talked to her about the ice cream thing, and she said she wouldn't let him do that anymore. Yesterday he ate all but 8 fruit snack packages (out of 30). Not good. I contacted some of the other sitters that had previously applied for the position, hopefully I will get a response from them.

No comments: