Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brandon's Dr appointment and an update

Today Brandon saw Dr Hubbard. This was a good appointment. She saw him starting to escalate in the waiting room and when she came to the regular room he was calm and wrapped up in a blanket. She said it was awesome that he is learning to self soothe himself and can tell when he is over stimulated and block it out by using the blanket. He is also using a squishy to distract himself when he his getting revved up. She did some med adjustments. She upped to Lamictal, took away the Risperdal, and added the Invega. She wasn't happy with the weight he has put on since the last visit and think the Risperdal is the culprit. Once we get approval from the insurance company, I'll start him on the Invega. I'll up the Lamictal this weekend when I'm home and can watch him closely for side effects.

Donna had her electrical test today and her heart stopped while they were doing the test. They said she had to have the internal defibrillator in, they will do that sometime tomorrow. We went to the hospital tonight and Brandon got to see her. He was so happy and I think relieved that he saw her with his own eyes. I'm very anxious about tomorrow, and I have to work, so I won't be there. It really sucks. I hope and pray that she makes it through this. I can't even put into words the devastation that would result if something happened to this wonderful woman.

No comments: