Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Tuesday wrench

It was a quiet morning. I hit the snooze twice, got dressed, put my lunch together, put out Brandon's meds and supplements. Kissed him, told him I loved him and to be a good boy. Gave Rick a smooch and wished him a good day (Rick watched him today, he had off from work). I drug myself off to work for yet another repetitive day. I answered phones, processed payrolls, called clients, gossiped with the girls awhile. And then it happened, like it always does, when you think it's just going to be an ordinary day, and then you hear the time stopping sound of the cell phone singing it's song. I'm thinking; Is it the doctor's office? How is Brandon? What did he do now? Is it the babysitter calling to tell me it's not going to work out? This time it was Kaylin's step mother, Jess, calling to tell me she was sick. She woke up with bad ear pain and the side of her face was swollen, what should she do? Besides for the little problem of them being in Bradenton, and I work in Port Charlotte, there wasn't a problem. Kaylin needed to see her pediatrician. We worked it, her step mother took the day off from work, drove to Port Charlotte and met me at the pediatrician. What an awesome step mother! I mean that, I know that Kaylin is in good hands and piece of mind is priceless. So she's got double swimmers ear, which is not a surprise since she is a fish in the water. The doctor had to put a little tube in her ear since it was swollen almost shut, that way she would get her meds. I smooched my baby squirrel (her pet name) and told her I loved her. Sent her off with her very capable step mother and went back to work. My day finished without a hitch. I made it home in the usual amount of time, I walked in the door and Rick had straightened up the house. I was so nice to come home to, made the evening seem less ominous. Brandon's therapist Cindy came to the house for his 5:35 appointment. I really think this woman was sent from God. She listens to Brandon and me, she doesn't judge, it seems like she truly want to help. She even acts like a human which is hard to find in the mental health professional world. We went over his behaviors and what we were doing, what we needed work on, what wasn't working. She said to me today, "Julie, I think what we're dealing with here is Aspergers". When she said it I think she expected a reaction from me. She actually seemed disappointed that she didn't get one. I'm had Aspergers in the back of my mind since he was 8 months old. I kept telling the pediatrician he wasn't right, she kept telling me he was fine. It's gotten progressively worse since then. Well that was my Tuesday, as you can tell I'm a rambler, and a scatterbrain, but that just how I am.

No comments: