Monday, March 2, 2009

Whiney, rotten, stinker boy

This weekend Brandon was rotten. Screaming, swearing, public temper tantrums. It was terrible, and awful, and embarrassing. Saturday we did chores, after he was finished with his jobs (oiling the wood tables, washing a door, and taking laundry out of the dryer), he decided that he wanted to go to his friend Vincents house. He called him on the phone and told him he was on his way over. I was in my pajamas doing chores, as was Kaylin. I had no intention of taking him to Vincents house, I had already made plans with them for later. I told him this and he freaked out, he said he was already packed to go there. I told him he didn't ask if he could go, and that wasn't okay. He cried, whined, and was generally difficult for a few hours. That was just one example of what went on this weekend. I don't want to do a play by play of everything he did this weekend. We did have to have Rick leave Walmart with Brandon because he threw a full blown tantrum over a box of Whoppers. The thing that bothers me the most, is this is not his disability, this was him being a jerk on purpose. I believe he is testing the boundaries and pushing the envelope. He didn't like it when we pushed back. I hope that this isn't his disability, if it is, then this is new stuff. I don't want new stuff.

No comments: