Thursday, November 6, 2008

birthday thoughtfullness

Rick went and did it again, he surprised me. Every once in awhile he does something so thoughtful and sweet it makes me fall in love with him all over again. Rick is your basic burping, farting, scratching, beer drinking, football watching guy kinda guy. He thinks in very basic terms, which is probably pretty good, since I'm pretty low maintenance. Rick is not the love of my life, and I am completely, truly, comfortable and okay with this. Rick is my best friend and our relationship is based on that and our love has grown from our friendship to what it is now. The one love of my life had completely destroyed me and my kids, the man I thought I loved, was someone completely different and our entire relationship was based on lies and deception. If you know me, you know my story. If you don't know me, you don't want to know this story. With Rick I have love, trust, honesty, acceptance, and comfort. To me, that is more important for the long haul. I guess I got a little off track there...last night Rick called to tell me he was running late because he had a delivery in Sarasota, I said okay, no worries. He got home and we ordered Chinese food. We had beef and broccoli with lo mein, General Tso's chicken with fried rice, crab rangoon, egg rolls, and fried dumplings. It was awesome! He then gave me my birthday present, a book by Dean Koontz (which is my favorite author)and chocolate with nuts in a pretty bag and a nice card. Sounds like a normal boyfriend present type thing, right? This is not the typical Rick, he wraps presents in Walmart bags and rarely if ever gives cards. Rick earned himself some boyfriend bonus points.

In other birthday news....my dad sent my vacuum seal bags, 4 lbs of coffee beans, a new cordless phone, and a $50 gift card for amazon. I'm totally excited! My dad has always been the best at birthdays and Christmas stuff. My mom stopped by and gave me a really nice card with a gift card for Bealls outlet. The girls at work bought me some balloons, a card, and made caramel sundaes. Overall it was an awesome birthday.

3 comments:

Amber DBTD said...

Did you see the birthday card for you on my blog? If I hadn't forgotten the date, I'd have sent ya something... I'll just do double for Xmas.

I'm a crappy forgetful friend. still can't remember my own anniversary though, if that counts for anything.

luvmycrazyboy said...

yep, I got it. Thank you very much. You are not a crappy forgetful friend, I don't even know when your birthday is, maybe December? I could never remember my anniversary either. :0)

Amber DBTD said...

Nov 23rd. Another stinkin year older, and nothing actually accomplished in my life. I need to call and harass you one of these days... I just feel kinda awkward. you sure you forgive me?