Wednesday, November 5, 2008

1st batch of candles are complete!

I made my first two batches of soy candles last night. I did two pounds of apple cinnamon and 1 pound of Christmas Morning (at Rick's request). They came out pretty good, the color wasn't dark enough. Instead of red, they are pink, but the scent is pretty good. It could be a little stronger. I will do a burn test tonight to check the scent throw and see how the wicks work. I will not make any more candles until the rest of my equipment arrives (digital scale, measuring cup, wisk) that way I can measure things accurately and keep all the batches consistent. I just had to make some last night when the wax arrived, I was so excited.

And Happy Birthday to me! I have two boxes from my daddy. I can't wait until I get home to open them. The girls at work brought in some balloons and a funny card. Casey gave me a gift certificate for my favorite coffee shop. Mmmmm................ Tonight we are having Chinese food for dinner. The rest of the night I will work on washing more clothes. Brandon WAS excited about my birthday until he found out I had to work and wasn't keeping him home from school. Now he hates me and school.

No comments: