Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend recap and stuff

Friday night I gave Kaylin a chance to do her chore. I gave her fair warning, and gave her consequences. No, she did not have to scrub floor boards, pressure wash the house, or re shingle the roof. She had to put the dishes in the dishwasher. I told her if they were not done when I woke up in the morning, I would take away her Nintendo DS. I guess she was testing me, ignoring me, hating me. When I woke up, I dilly dallied, read, made coffee, trying to give her a chance. Finally I did the dishes, walked into her room and took her DS. She did not notice it was missing until 2pm-ish. The confrontation wasn't as bad as I though, she quietly asked me where it was, and I told her she knew. She asked my when she would get it back, and I told her when she did her chores without being asked and the right way. Brandon was more horrified about the whole thing than Kaylin was. Kaylin will RARELY let him touch the thing, and he was he biggest advocate to get the thing back. After a leisurely afternoon of Lifetime movie watching, and laundry folding, we took the kids fishing. Brandon caught a catfish right away with his new fishing pole he got for his birthday, Kaylin caught a sting ray which she sang gloating songs about for the rest of the night. Brandon caught another catfish and so did I. They were ready to go home, but we still had shrimp left. They occupied them selves throwing cheetos to the rats and mice scurrying across the pier. Kaylin wanted to catch one and take it home. I told her no frickin way. I'm gonna finish this post later tonight.

No comments: