Sunday, August 10, 2008

An action packed weekend.

Saturday morning I woke everyone up. It was Brandon's birthday party. We had to clean the house. Really clean it, in 3 hours. Everyone was up and listening to me bark commands, Rick do this, Kaylin do that, Brandon stop screaming. It was a mess, that's how I get when we have company. Everything has to be done and everyone is it an extremely leisurely pace, except me who is in super clean mode. With all the activity Brandon shut down, he whined, cried and hid under blankets until be finally fell asleep. We got everything done, including pulling weeds in the rain, took showers, got dressed and made it out the door.

We had his party at Kid Star Park, it's a pretty cool place for a kid. They have an indoor giant ball pit thing, laser tag, go carts, and an outside amusement park. All the kids he invited showed up and they all had a great time. Brandon had one short meltdown, but otherwise it was a great success. This has been his first "real" birthday party. He's never had friends before so we have always had party's at home with family and family friends.

After Kid Star we had planned a Bar BQ, mostly for the adults, we invited our normal group of people. About 3/4's of the people we invited didn't show up, probably because of the rain. I think that was for the better, I was exhausted, and it was nice to just sit and visit with everyone instead of running around with my head cut off, chicken style.

There are tons of food, beer, jello shooters, the mess is cleaned up already. We were blessed with polite guests. They recycled their beer bottles and threw out their plates. All and all it was an awesome day and Brandon was pleased.

I did meet my sister boyfriend. I think he is an asshole and hope she realizes this sooner than later!

And the thought for today is;

Hope is a waking dream.
--Aristotle 384BC-322 BC

No comments: