Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Something to Ponder

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?
--one of my clients..

Yesterday was Brandon's birthday, he turned 7. We had the family party last night. Tori came to the house and baked him cake and cooked spaghetti dinner. That way the cake would be cool when I came home and the kids could help decorate it. I made a line down the center and they each decorated half (everything has to be fair!). My mom and step dad came, Pat, Tori, Baby Patrick, Maureen, Tony, and two surprise guests Gene and Miss Helen. We had a delicious dinner and then Brandon opened his presents and after that we had cake. It was a very nice night. Brandon got new clothes for school, Wack a Mole, Trouble, an art set, an icee maker, a dinosaur book, a fishing pole, tackle box, and head light, and $43 in card cash, plus a check for $50! Kaylin was jealous of the money, she always seems bent out of shape any time Brandon gets attention. It's hard to be fair when she's got an attitude about everything. I try to talk to her about things and she gets stuck on how things aren't fair. They are fair thought! I wish she would see out of her own little window. I worry about how she will be as she rapidly approaches her teenage years. I hope she loses some of her bitterness and resentment. I was sincerely hoping that being at her dads for the summer would help with things at home. That maybe a little time away would help with her relationship with Brandon. I hope that she can see that he is working on things, that we are all working on things, trying to make it better for everyone. I really understand how she gets frustrated with Brandon, especially since she used to get the brunt of his physical aggression. His aggravated her allot, I think because he gets a reaction from her, a big one, and that's feed his behavior. She will tell him she hates him and he'll hit her, etc..etc...etc.... I often wonder how much is just sibling rivalry, or what is beyond that, if anything.

No comments: