Monday, April 20, 2009

Sucky crap.

Well. Those of you who don't know me are not aware of what happened to my family 4 years and two months ago. Those of you who do know, either because we are related, were friends prior, or a very close friend after. Not too many people know the circumstances of what happened and I'm not about to blog that whole mess. It did really, really suck, and it was one of those things you hear about on the news, or some cousins friend, but not to you. It does have to do with my ex husband and why he is in prison. Last Easter he sent me a letter of "confession" and I immediately brought it to the police station and told them what I knew (which was nothing) and told them to leave me out of it. We have just begun to heal and don't need old wounds opened, so leave me alone, we want closure. I haven't heard anything at all. Not until the other day when I get an officer at my door serving me with papers to give a deposition. So somehow I got drug into the shit again. I have to file my deposition with the state attorney's office in May. In my mail this weekend was another letter, telling me to bring my daughter "Megan" in this Thursday to go over some things, and that she has a deposition the same day as I, but earlier. I have several concerns about this. The first and main one being my daughter's name is not Megan. The second, if this request is in fact for my daughter, is dragging her through this shit again. She has given testimony and a deposition in the last case, and has had all this time to heal and work on moving forward. What is bringing it all up again going to do to her? What will it do to her progress, her delicate self esteem, her important healing process? What does this new case have anything to do with us? On top of this I really don't need the stress. I am a very high risk pregnancy and don't need to get myself worked up. I'm getting close to the time frame that I had my other kids and am scared of premature delivery, my high blood pressure getting higher, and getting pre eclampsia again. I'm doing everything I can to stay at work and off bed rest up until I deliver. Will this be the event that causes it all to go down hill? I wasn't stressed out too badly when they said I had to give a deposition, but now I'm really upset about Kaylin being thrown into it. I have to worry about her too. Arghh, bleck.

No comments: