Monday, December 2, 2013

A successful Turkey vacation

Had a nice four day weekend with the family with a lot of activities and fun.  Overall it was mostly pleasant.  There was some bickering and fighting and yelling.  Nothing out of the ball park. 

We did Thanksgiving with Rick's sister.  It was a good time had by all.  Tori, Kaylin, and I did our traditional Black Friday (on Thursday) shopping.  Friday I had lunch with a good friend after taking care of some banking issues.  Saturday we went with the entire family to Busch Garden's Christmas Town.  It was beautiful how they decorated everything and the family all had fun.  Sunday was the definition of a lazy day.  Enjoyed getting to know my pajamas. 

Brandon is getting more and more lippy.  "F" this and "B" that and you're an "A" along with some creative comments about his balls.  He's been more verbally aggressive and more combative but not physical.  I'm not quite sure how to deal with that.  I feel like we are one step away from physical aggression.  I don't know how to stop the verbal filth coming out of his mouth.  I'm tired of being called a "whore" or a "fucking bitch".  I called to try and get him back in therapy but with a different therapist.  I should be getting a call back tomorrow to see what they can do.  He's being saying to students and staff members that he wants to kill himself.  I got three phone calls in a week and a half from the guidance counselor about it.  I know that he doesn't actually want to kill himself.  I worry that one day he will, and no one will believe him.  The little boy who cried wolf, you know?

And in the other corner I have Noah fighting preschool.  Doesn't want to take a bath or brush his teeth.  Keeps having these tantrums that I don't want to see.  Noah is my offering to the world.  What I was going to use to show the world that we really aren't horrible parents, that we haven't screwed up this one.  And yet that's not what's happening.  Did I not put this thought out into the universe loudly enough?  Did no one hear?  Or is it true?  Are these boys a reflection of my poor parenting, or is this a phase with my little Noah that will go away and he will work through?  After what I've been through with Brandon I tend to diagnose everyone.  I've read a lot and experienced a lot.  Noah has tantrums with very small triggers, Noah only likes a few food items that need to be cold, Noah does not do well with large groups of people or loud noises.  Is he on the spectrum?  Does he need occupational therapy?  Is my DNA tainted and causing them this pain of mental illness?  Are these challenges with Noah just normal 4 year old stuff and I am freaking out for no reason, or as Brandon says often "no apparent reason"?

No comments: