Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Florida's Mental Health System Sucks

I just received notification from Brandon's current therapist that she will no longer be with the company.  I have to say I'm not very happy about this.  She is the only person in the organization that we deal with that isn't a complete idiot and knows what's going on.  We go to Family Preservation in Sarasota and see Dr. Goldman.  I have been nothing but disappointed with Dr. Goldman and have very few options for changing doctors that take Medicaid and are also not complete assholes.  An example of his competency; Dr. Goldman told Rick that it was time Rick started showing Brandon how to be a man, or when adjusting yet another medication I asked the doctor, "Is it always going to be like this?", and he responded, "Only if you want it to".  Dr. Goldman has also prescribed a dose of Depakote that has been proven toxic to Brandon in the past and  I called to find out what to do and I am still waiting for a response.

Why is this system so broken?  What are the parents that do care and the parents that want to help their kids suppose to do?

I wanted to win the lottery.  Why, do you ask?  Because I wanted to be able to pick a good doctor for my son and pay for it.  And be able to pay for medications he may need that the insurance company fights us on. 

No comments: