Monday, February 16, 2009

My Talley trip

I had a great time in Tallahassee. I packed Friday night. I woke up early on Saturday to straighten out the van and make sure I had everything packed. I woke the kids up to spend a little time with them before I left. Brandon gave me his valentine and it had his picture on it. He told me to take it with me so if I missed him and forgot what he looked like I could good see him and feel happy again. I smooched my babies, and my baby daddy and headed to my moms to help her load up all her stuff. Bob brought their beagle to my house and we dropped their other dog off at the vet (he has stress related colitis, and gets bloody, mucous diarrhea all over my house when they go away). We gassed up and were on the road. I slept, read, made scrubbies, but mainly slept. We stopped in Gainesville to have lunch with my youngest sister Kari. We had sandwiches and salad at McAllisters and it was good food. We dropped Kari off at her apartment so she could get ready for work and hopped back on the road for Tallahassee. We had Sara meet us at the hotel, got ready, went to Chili's for dinner. I had steak, with loaded mash potatoes, and broccoli and it was SO good. We got to her performance early, and that was a REALLY good thing. Bob went inside to get tickets and they were SOLD OUT, and $35 a piece. He went back inside after sharing the news with us and gave them a sob story, got us tickets and at a discount! The performance was amazing, we saw the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra and was amazed and so proud that my sister was part of it. The first piece was Peter Ilyich Tchiakovsky's Romeo and Juliet, overture-fantasy. This piece reminded me of Bugs Bunny cartoons and Peppy la Pew. I am not very cultured. The second piece (which was my favorite) was by Scott McAllister who was in the audience. He composed the piece with his influence being Nirvana and Alice in Chains. In my opinion there were three parts to the song, and the second being the song Where did you sleep last night? by Nirvana. The clarinet player was one of Sara's professors and he was phenomenal. I didn't realize a clarinet could be played like that, I saw why my sister strives for perfection. The third piece was four different songs. This was written by Robert Schumann and it was Symphony No. 2 in C major, op. 61; sostenuto assai-allegro ma non troppo, allegro vivace, adagio espressivo, and allegro molto vivace. This piece relaxed me and I found myself trying to stay awake. We stayed afterwards and and met her professors. Back to the hotel we went and I went with Sara to her apartment. On the way to her apartment she took me to see the capital building and her campus. I had a good night sleep and we woke up to get ready. Sara had to pack for her audition in Houston and meet a friend somewhere. She dropped me off at the hotel and said her good byes to mom, Bob, and Gram. We then headed off to The Waffle House. I am still thinking about how good it was to eat there! I had a ham and cheese omelet, hash browns, toast, and bacon. Back on the road, stopped in Gainesville to see Kari again, and then back home.

No comments: