Monday, April 8, 2013

Some assembly required. (written 3/16/13)

My home life is quite a mess.  My house is a mess, my son is a mess, my daughter is angry, I'm depressed and get through my day with Xanax.  We are all broken pieces in our own little world of disfunction.  But it's my family and it's my life.  And we know it.  We know how we look to others, we just don't care.  We laugh about it, we crack silly inappropriate jokes about mental health and crisis stabalization units, and meds.  And we keep trying to get through the day so we can recharge for what the next day will bring.  Whomever is stronger that day deals with the current crisis while the other adult deals their own way.  Rick and I are good like that.  I'm strong, I deal, he's strong, he deals. It works for us.  So what happens when we are both deflated and beaten down?  We got a little taste last week.  I decided I needed some pharmacutical assistance with my depression in which I had a severe allergic reaction.  I was useless for about a week.  Rick had to pick up my slack and had to deal with it all.  It was rough.  Things are getting back to their messed up normal and I'm stepping back in with crisis intervention or what ever title you want to label Brandon's whatever you want to call it.

No comments: